Head of Business Analysis Marketplace ADEO - H/F
Data · Adeo Services - Le hub by Terradeo, Adeo Services - Terradeo Travail à distance flexible
The marketplace team at Adeo is looking for a talented, Customer-obsessed Head of Business Analysis to support the marketplace growth.
Adeo is the world’s third largest retailer in DIY and decoration goods, with over €23bn yearly revenues and 130 thousand employees across 15 countries. Key group brands include Leroy Merlin, Bricoman, Bricomart, Bricocenter, Weldom, Zodio and Alice Delice.
The group recently launched its marketplace. It is a key pillar of an ambitious plan to transform the entire business and become the world’s leading habitat platform. The marketplace will help expand the product and service offering, improve Customer experience, reinforce the market positioning and create a key revenue stream.
🌟 JOB DESCRIPTION
The marketplace team at Adeo is looking for a talented, Customer-obsessed Head of Business Analysis to support the marketplace growth. The role offers the unique opportunity to lead the data strategy of the marketplace, coordinate data source initiatives and projects, build new analysis mechanisms and develop a deep understanding of the marketplace across all markets. The Head of Business Analysis will have a key role in the long-term improvement of the Customer experience and the success of the marketplace.
Responsibilities include leading the marketplace data strategy and coordinating the BI team to build and improve data and business insight solutions (SQL/ETL queries, KPI monitoring and business performance reports). This role will have a high degree of autonomy and will be able to provide insights based upon data and influence across a broad range of international projects and teams.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of ownership and passion for business intelligence mechanisms, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources and using it to identify and prioritise business opportunities. The ideal candidate has excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, is enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, Customer-focused and is able to handle ambiguity and influence at all levels of the organization.
The position will be based in our offices in Lille (working from Paris is possible).
🎯 YOUR MISSION
The Head of Business Analyst will have several key responsibilities, including
- Getting a deep understanding of the internal and external variables that impact the marketplace to identify opportunities to improve the Customer experience and grow the business.
- Working closely with the leadership on designing the data and business analysis strategy to drive best-in-class Customer experience and maximize revenue growth.
- Developing projects and initiatives, leading the marketplace BI team, coordinating cross-functional teams across the international organization (including IT, SCM, Sales and finance) and communicating with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects.
- Creating metrics and dashboards and leading business and financial reviews to meet and exceed Customer experience, business growth and profitability targets.
🥇 YOUR PROFIL
- Highly organized and results oriented with a high degree of ownership.
- Strong analytical skills, ideally experience working in SQL/ETL/Python/Power, Tableau and MS Excel (Macros, statistics, etc.).
- Solid background in managing medium to large-scale projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Other European languages will be a plus.
- Personal initiative and strong hands-on attitude along with creativeness, decisiveness and results-driven mentality for a business-focused way of thinking.
- Proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate.
- MSc degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics or related field from a top-tier university.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Ability to manage and influence stakeholders of all levels in the organization.
- 7+ years experience in consulting, e-commerce, finance and/or retail/consumer product industries.
- MBA from top tier business school is highly preferred.
- Ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes.
- Proven independent decision-making skills in an often-times ambiguous environment.
- Experience as a people leader, with a focus on hiring and developing the best digital talent.
- Intellectual curiosity to bring new insights to the business, preferably in a multicultural environment.
Adeo is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society and believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to collaborate, learn, invent, build and succeed.