Head of Marketplace Leroy Merlin Portugal - H/F
Achats & Marketing Travail à distance flexible
Leroy Merlin Portugal is looking for a talented, customer-oriented Head of Marketplace to support the launch and development of the local marketplace.
Adeo is the world’s third largest retailer in DIY and decoration goods, with over €23bn yearly revenues and 110 thousand employees across 15 countries. Key group brands include Leroy Merlin, Bricoman, Bricomart, Dompro, Weldom, Zodio and Alice Delice.
The group recently launched its marketplace. It is a key pillar of an ambitious plan to transform the entire business and become the world’s leading habitat platform. The marketplace will help expand the product and service offering, improve Customer experience, reinforce the market positioning and create a key revenue stream.
🎯 YOUR MISSION
Leroy Merlin Portugal is looking for a talented, customer-oriented Head of Marketplace to support the launch and development of the local marketplace. The role offers the unique opportunity to build from scratch a new marketplace business, lead growth initiatives and projects and develop a deep understanding of the marketplace.
The Head of Marketplace will have a key role in the long-term improvement of the Customer and Seller experience and the success of the marketplace, as well as contribute to the continuous development of our local offer strategy.
The main responsibilities include building and improving new business solutions and services for Customers and Sellers, while collaborating with key partners in order to ensure we have a competitive sellers network. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and scope, leading and influencing across a broad range of international projects.
We’re looking for a candidate with a high degree of market knowledge and a proven record of successful business management, leading multiple transversal projects with challenging deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities to support the business development. The ideal candidate is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has the ability to handle ambiguity and influence at all levels of the organization.
The position will be based in our offices in Lisbon (Portugal).
🥇 YOUR PROFILE
The Head of Marketplace Portugal will have several key responsibilities, including:
- Get a deep understanding of the internal and external variables that impact the marketplace (forecasting and planning sales growth, auditing and reporting key metrics) to support the business development as well to identify opportunities to improve the Customer and Seller experience.
- Work closely and in interdependence with the leadership and other key stakeholders on designing the sales and selection strategy, driving best-in-class Customer and Seller experience, developing and implementing new projects and initiatives to support marketplace operations and maximize revenue growth.
- Lead the local marketplace team, in line with teams across the international organization (including sales, supply, IT, retail, stores and finance), and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects.
- Own the local marketplace P&L, while conducting financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
Profile and Skills:
- Strategic vision
- Highly organized and results oriented with a high degree of ownership and accountability for developing a new business
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to work in interdependency
- Team management and development
- Proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate
- Personal initiative and strong hands-on attitude along with creativeness, decisiveness and results-driven mentality for a business-focused way of thinking
- English and Portuguese proficiency
- 7+ years of experience in consulting, e-commerce and/or retail/consumer products industries.
- MBA from top tier business school is highly preferred.
Adeo is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society and believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to collaborate, learn, invent, build and succeed.