Head of Marketplace Leroy Merlin Spain - H/F
Leroy Merlin Spain is looking for a talented, Customer-obsessed Head of Marketplace Spain to support the launch and development of the local marketplace.
Adeo is the world’s third largest retailer in DIY and decoration goods, with over €25bn yearly revenues and 130 thousand employees across 15 countries. Key group brands include Leroy Merlin, Bricoman, Bricomart, Dompro, Weldom, Zodio and Alice Delice.
The group recently launched its marketplace. It is a key pillar of an ambitious plan to transform the entire business and become the world’s leading habitat platform. The marketplace will help expand the product and service offering, improve Customer experience, reinforce the market positioning and create a key revenue stream.
🎯 YOUR MISSION
Leroy Merlin Spain is looking for a talented, Customer-obsessed Head of Marketplace Spain to support the launch and development of the local marketplace. The role offers the unique opportunity to build from scratch a new marketplace business, lead growth initiatives and projects and develop a deep understanding of the marketplace. The Head of Marketplace Spain will have a key role in the long-term improvement of the Customer and Seller experience and the success of the marketplace.
Responsibilities include building and improving new business solutions and services for Customers and Sellers, while collaborating with key partners (both internally and externally). This role will have a high degree of autonomy and will be able to lead and influence across a broad range of international projects.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of ownership and have a record of successful business management, leading multiple transversal projects with competing deadlines and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. The ideal candidate is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, Customer-focused, and has the ability to handle ambiguity and influence at all levels of the organization.
The position will be based in our offices in Madrid.
🥇 YOUR PROFIL
The Head of Marketplace Spain will have several key responsibilities, including
- Get a deep understanding of the internal and external variables that impact the marketplace (forecasting and planning sales growth, auditing and reporting key metrics) to identify opportunities to improve the Customer and Seller experience and grow the business.
- Work closely with the leadership on designing the sales and selection strategy, drive best-in-class Customer and Seller experience and maximize revenue growth. Implement and develop new projects and initiatives.
- Lead the local marketplace team, coordinate with teams across the international organization (including Sales, SCM, IT, Retail, stores and finance) and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects.
- Own the local marketplace P&L, conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
- Highly motivated, personal initiative, willingness to learn and strong hands-on attitude along with creativeness, decisiveness and results-driven mentality for a business-focused way of thinking.
- Proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate.
- Highly organized and results oriented with a high degree of ownership.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- English and Spanish proficiency.
- 9+ years of experience in consulting, e-commerce and/or retail/consumer products industries.
- MBA from a top tier business school is highly preferred.
- Experience in building relationships and driving growth with business partners.
- Experience in project management involving several functional entities.
Adeo is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society and believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to collaborate, learn, invent, build and succeed.