Team Leader Marketplace Leroy Merlin Spain - H/F
Adeo is the world’s third largest retailer in DIY and decoration goods, with over €25bn yearly revenues and 130 thousand employees across 15 countries. Key group brands include Leroy Merlin, Bricoman, Bricomart, Dompro, AKI, Zodio and Alice Delice.
The group recently launched its marketplace. It is a key pillar of an ambitious plan to transform the entire business and become the world’s leading habitat platform. The marketplace will help expand the product and service offering, improve Customer experience, reinforce the market positioning and create a key revenue stream.
The marketplace team at Leroy Merlin Spain is looking for a talented, Customer-obsessed Team Leader to support the marketplace growth. The role offers the unique opportunity to support the development of medium and large businesses, lead growth initiatives and develop a deep understanding of e-commerce. The Team Leader will play a key role in the long-term improvement of the Customer and Seller experience, as well as the success of the marketplace.
Responsibilities include creating and managing a team of New Account Managers and Key Account Managers as well as prospecting the market to generate leads, leading negotiations with Sellers and supporting their growth and long-term success on the marketplace. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and will be able to lead and influence across a broad range of international projects.
The ideal candidate prioritizes the development of individuals within the team and is a natural leader. He/she will demonstrate a high degree of ownership and motivation to build a career in e-commerce. He/she is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, Customer-focused, and has the ability to handle ambiguity and influence at all levels of the organization.
The Team Lead will be responsible for driving programs, initiatives and setting processes within their team. He/she will be the key advocate for expanding the selection, ensuring best Customer experience and driving business growth. He/she will work with various stakeholders and teams across the Adeo organization both locally and internationally.
The position will be based in our offices in Madrid.
The Team Leader will have several key responsibilities, including:
- Supervise, motivate and develop a team of Key Account Managers and New Account Managers to achieve the Marketplace objectives.
- Get a deep understanding of the internal and external variables that impact the marketplace (forecasting and planning sales growth, auditing and reporting key metrics, understanding trends) to identify category-specific market opportunities to improve Customer experience and grow the business.
- Coordinate projects across the organization (coordinating with representatives within sales, IT, Retail, stores and finance) and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects.
- Conduct analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue, profitability and operations performance targets.
- Prospect the market to identify, prioritize and manage a sales pipeline, lead negotiations and recruit high-potential Sellers onto the marketplace.
- Be a business partner for new Sellers, educating and providing them with data-driven insights and advice to optimize their success on the marketplace.
- Highly motivated, personal initiative, willingness to learn and strong hands-on attitude along with creativeness, decisiveness and results-driven mentality for a business-focused way of thinking.
- Proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate.
- Highly organized and results oriented with a high degree of ownership.
- Strong commercial and analytic skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- English and Spanish proficiency.
- Successful experience in managing and developing a team. Team player and collaborative mindset.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with several partners (internal and external).
- English and Spanish proficiency.
🙌 PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 to 7 years of experience in e-commerce, consulting, FMCG or retail.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field from a top-tier university.
- Experience in building relationships and driving growth with business partners.
- Experience in project management involving several functional entities.
Adeo is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society and believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to collaborate, learn, invent, build and succeed.