Adeo is the world’s third largest retailer in DIY and decoration goods, with over €25bn yearly revenues and 130 thousand employees across 15 countries. Key group brands include Leroy Merlin, Bricoman, Obramat, Tecnomat, Obramax, Bricocenter and Weldom.
The group recently launched its marketplace. It is a key pillar of an ambitious plan to transform the entire business and become the world’s leading habitat platform. The marketplace will help expand the product and service offering, improve Customer experience, reinforce the market positioning and create a key revenue stream.
The marketplace team at Leroy Merlin Spain is looking for a talented, Customer-obsessed New Account Manager to support the marketplace growth. The role offers the unique opportunity to support the growth of small and medium-sized businesses, lead growth initiatives and develop a deep understanding of e-commerce. The New Account Manager will play a key role in the long-term improvement of the Customer and Seller experience, as well as the success of the marketplace.
Responsibilities include prospecting the market to generate leads, leading negotiations with Sellers and supporting their growth and long-term success on the marketplace. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and will be able to lead and influence across a broad range of international projects.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of ownership and motivation to build a career in e-commerce. The ideal candidate is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, Customer-focused, and has the ability to handle ambiguity and influence at all levels of the organization.
The position will be based in our offices in Madrid.
The New Account Manager will have several key responsibilities, including:
- Get a deep understanding of the internal and external variables that impact the marketplace (forecasting and planning sales growth, auditing and reporting key metrics, understanding trends) to identify category-specific market opportunities to improve Customer experience and grow the business.
- Prospect the market to identify, prioritize and manage a sales pipeline, lead negotiations and recruit high-potential Sellers onto the marketplace.
- Be a business partner for new Sellers, educating and providing them with data-driven insights and advice to optimize their success on the marketplace.
- Coordinate projects across the organization (IT, Retail, stores, finance, etc.) and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects.
- Conduct analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue, profitability and operations performance targets.
🥇 BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly motivated, personal initiative, willingness to learn and strong hands-on attitude along with creativeness, decisiveness and results-driven mentality for a business-focused way of thinking.
- Proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate.
- Highly organized and results oriented with a high degree of ownership.
- Strong commercial and analytic skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- English and Spanish proficiency.
🙌 PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 to 3 years of experience in consulting, e-commerce, FMCG or retail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field from a top-tier university.
ADEO Services is committed to greater diversity and inclusion, with an agreement in place as well as a disability mission, we support our (future) employees in adapting their workstations to their needs.